Fridtjof Nansen (1861-1930) was a prominent Norwegian academic, polar explorer, humanitarian and statesman. A monument to his memory stands in central Sofia.
Patriarch Neofit (BG: Патриарх Неофит) is the third man to serve as Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox church since the restoration of the office in 1953.
Bulgarians celebrate the unique holiday Baba Marta (Granny March) on 1 March, when almost all Bulgarians wear a bit of red and white yarn called a martenitsa.
Sofia achieved a score of 53.17 in the Quality of Life Index 2013, according to an annual report by Numbeo,
The Vasil Levski Monument in Sofia stands at the site of his execution by Ottoman authorities on 18 February 1873.
A poem by Hristo Botev, one of his most famous works. First appeared in Botev’s Wall Calendar for 1876, published in September 1875.
The 26th Cinemania is on at NDK in Sofia from 8 November to 2 December, featuring 64 film titles from around the world.
The 4th annual Young Wine Parade takes place in Plovdiv from 23-25 November, featuring wines from around Bulgaria.
Bulgaria claimed 49th place in the Forbes Best Countries for Business ranking for 2012, moving down two places from its 47th place ranking last year.
Evgeni Dinev is a Bulgarian landscape photographer whose keen eye can turn an everyday scene into a visual masterpiece.
- Nevena Tosheva | BULstack on The 2012 Bulgarian Film Academy Awards
- Beaujolais Nouveau Day 2012 | BULstack on It’s Beaujolais Nouveau Time!
- New Sofia Parking Regulations | Welcome to Bulgaria on Sofia Parking Goes Two Tone
- Knights (and other dreams) « northern lights on Knight Without Armor
- Cabra Natural Foods Restaurant | BULstack on Bobi’s Mexicano Guacamole
Top 100 Tourist Sites